So… this is new and I’m new. First, Hello! My name is Kristy Mei and I am the Product Marketing Manager here at Podsights. You’ll be hearing a lot from me so start remembering this name because I’ll be in your inbox as well. ;-)
Secondly, our team is always churning up some cool tools and we want to share them with you more frequently. From now on, I will start releasing a dedicated blog series called ‘Podsights UPs’ to bring you our latest and greatest upgrades, updates and uploads— basically all the UPs!
Without further adieu, here’s our first edition:
The new new: Attribution Model 2.0
Our Attribution Model 1.0 was good but we think our 2.0 is great!
Increased Household Identification Precision: We layer on more 3rd party data via MaxMind and Tapad to identify households with higher precision and confidence.
Access Attribution Configurability: Brands and agencies will now be able to configure their attribution windows right in the Podsights dashboard, ensuring podcast ad buys can be compared directly with channel efforts.
- Download Attribution Window by your defined hours or days
- Household Interval - Attribution window for households as defined by the Tapad Graph.
- Cable Interval - Attribution window for cable/DSL and dialup IPs as defined by MaxMind.
- Cellular Interval - Attribution window for cellular IPs as defined by MaxMind.
- Corporate Interval - Attribution for corporate IPs as defined by MaxMind.
- On-Site Attribution Window by your defined hours or days
- On-Site Attribution Interval - Determine after the first site visit, within what duration should we attribute actions back to the podcast.
- Example: If a user visits one day and then comes back ten days later to purchase, should that purchase be attributable to the podcast?
- Noise Settings
- Max User per Household - Due to the nature of IP classification, sometimes our upstream providers will get it wrong. Here you can select what is the max number of users that can exist in a household to reduce inflated attribution. Any IPs that have over this limit will be disregarded.
By Friday, August 13th, all Podsights users will be automatically upgraded to our Attribution Model 2.0. More than 80% of you are already on the new model, we’re just collecting the few M.I.A. folks. If you are currently on our 1.0 model and cannot wait to access the new features above, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an upgrade!
No secrecy on frequency
Find out exactly how many times your ads are shown to the same audiences versus new audiences.
Podsights now dedicate an entire section to give users more insights into how frequently ads in a campaign are played within households.
- You can filter this information by adjusting the date ranges, by publishers, and by campaigns.
- To access the Frequency tab, first click on “Get Insights” from the “Campaigns” section.
To ‘Reach’ their own
Discover how your reach is split between new and existing in a handy new tab called “Reach Analysis”.
- Are you noticing your conversion rates fall as you expand your podcast media buy? This could be because of ‘brand fatigue,’ and our handy new tab called “Reach Analysis” can tell you if your media is hitting the same households or new households over time.
- Use this data tab to inform your planning and answer the question “Should I be running with different publishers or shows?”
- Filter this information by adjusting the date ranges, by publishers, and by campaigns.
- Configure what data is displayed by changing the interval, trailing months and whether you want to see household reach or IP reach.
- All data in this tab is also exportable for your convenience.
- To access the Reach Analysis tab, first click on “Get Insights” from your dashboard homepage.
That’s all for now, folks! If you want to discuss any of these updates in detail, our partnerships team is on standby at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!